Saturday, December 29, 2018

Answers To Prayer

We try very hard to help our children rely on their Heavenly Father.  We want the to know that he is there and that he cares about the individually.  We have had many moment to pray for help and I have been so proud of my kids and the faith they show.  I will share a few stories since we began our trip.

1st:  When Jackson got lost briefly in the Chicago airport I barley had time to start panicking and found out that Jacob had already said a prayer before Jackson came walking back around the corner and we found him.

2nd:  We have had a few children suffering from illness, colds, low fevers, and one of the younger ones suffering from constipation.  This can be really bad with pain and fever and just plain no fun.  There is only so much you can do about it.  Last night before bed Steven gave him a priesthood blessing (he later commented that he had never given a blessing for someone to poop before)  But heavenly father answered our prayers and blessed this child that his body would work properly.  It had been a problem for 4 days and this morning all was better.

3rd:  This morning we were in a rush to get to our train, if you are late you miss it.  As we got to the metro Steven realized he forgot his wallet that had his Metro card in it.  He had to run back to the apartment and we were a little frantic.  I gathered the children around me and in the middle of the Metro station as we waited for Steven we prayed together.  We prayed the we would make ti on time but also that Daddy would be safe and calm.  Our prayers were answered.

4th:  Our last activity in Toledo was the Military Museum.  The whole things was a maze in which we were never quit sure what level we were on or even what side of the building we were on.  We only got about half way through it when ti was time to go so we had to find our way out.  We thought we knew the way but we got lost and we were again getting a little frantic.  Keagan pulled on my shirt and asked if we could say a prayer.  Of course.  As we waited a moment Jackson said a beautiful prayer we found by the elevator that we were not on the floor we thought we were and know how to get there.  Again a large answer to a small prayer.

I am so grateful for the example of my sweet children.  They are always the first ones to suggest the we pray.  They are humble and wonderful and I love that they know Heavenly Father is listening.  I know that he is,   I know that he doesn't always answer prayers in the way we want him to but that he is there and he does answer prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment