Sunday, January 27, 2019

A Bright and Sunshiney Day


This morning I saw a weather report  saying that Iowa is preparing to see it's coldest temps in 20 years.  The temps could be in the -30 to -50 range depending on where you are.    Just a few hours later I received a message from the family that is living in our house saying that the heater stopped working.  "What"  It puts me into a little bit of a panic to help them make sure the heater is functioning properly and also makes me grateful for the wonderful weather we have had here.
The sun shines almost everyday and all you want to do is find a perfect spot in the sunshine to sit and bask in it.
Out kids often just take a jacket to school when the other kids are wrapped up like there is going to be a winter storm.  Many people walk by us in the morning and comment how cold it is.  I don't want to argue with them (and I don't because I couldn't in Spanish even if I wanted to)  But they do not know what cold is, that is part of the wonderful beauty of living in Mediterranean weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment