Saturday, January 5, 2019

Kaden's Head


Today is the first day of a 2 day huge celebration of Three Kings Day (Tres Reyes)
Because too much happened in this day I decided I needed at least 2 posts.  One about Kaden's Visit to the Hospital and the Other about The Three Kings Day Celebration.   So here Goes.
The whole family and lots of people from Chucena were down in the central plaza getting ready to start the celebration of The Kings Day.   One of the ways the begin the celebration is a short Catholic Mass in the church with the 3 people that represent the 3 kings.  We wanted to experience this event as much as possible so we joined in and were sitting on one of the back rows watching the end of the ceremony. The children were sitting on the bench but of course Kaden wasn't holding still and he stood up on the bench and then tumbled forward off the bench and hit his forehead hard on the bench in front of us.
From this moment on the next few minutes happened so fast I will have a hard time describing them.
Steven swooped Kaden up and out of the church so fast and I grabbed the stroller while the other kids followed.  There were dozens of people on the street right in front of the church waiting for the three kings ot come out.  We as a family stepped to the side and I opened my bag to get what I thought I needed.  First I saw a baby wipe to hold on the blood gushing down Kaden's face.  We were instantly surrounded by people the were offering napkins and tissues to help.  There was a man the was holding the keys to his car (mind you all the streets wee basically closed for the three kings parade that was about to start)  I couldn't' understand a word of what anyone was saying but understanding a fare amount of the body language.  Steven is talking to 4 people at once trying to figure out what needs to be done.  As I am now holding tissues on his head and take a chance to look at the cut we see that he does for sure need to go to a Dr office for help.   Before I have much of a chance to really process this that man that was shaking the keys at Steven is pulling his car up in front of us, I shove more tissues into Steven's pocket and also my wallet (Steven had left his back at the house).   Steven tells the other children to stay with me he is going to take Kaden to a Dr.  He gets in the car and Steven and Kaden are gone.  In the end they actually had to join the parade that was going on to be able to drive out of town from where we were.  ( That all happened in a matter of 3 minutes)
I will tell you so much more about what I did while they were gone in my next post about 3 kings day,  for this post I will focus on Kaden.
Steven and Kaden went with this man to the next town over where they had an instacare.  They took one look at his cut and said they could not help him.  He needed to drive to Sevilla about 20 minutes away to the hospital to have a plastic surgeon stitch him up so that he could avoid a huge scar.  Mind you right at this moment Steven was relying on the kindness of a complete stranger to drive him to where he needs to go.  Manuel is the name of this wonderful man and he was happy to take Steven anywhere he needed to go.  They even had to fill up with gas on the way back and Manuel wouldn't let Steven pay for it.
They went to the hospital in Sevilla, after a triage visit the surgeon came and numbed the head, waited a little more and then took Kaden back.  The Dr's and nurses raved about how well behaved he was and that he held still while the stitched up his head.  Because he held still She (the surgeon) said she was able to do a really good stich so even better odds it heals very well.

I can't say enough about the care and concern of the people that we were surrounded by today;the Man willing to sacrifice 3 hours of his holiday to help us, the dozens of people that came and asked about him during the day, the mayor of the town calling Steven to check and see how Kaden was doing.  I could go on and on about the generosity and love of these people.  I am so grateful for them and I know the Lord is helping us along the way.  Bad things happen and I know that they always will but the Lord has put so many wonderful people around us on this trip to help us and take care of us which has made it amazing.



1 comment:

  1. So scary! Glad you were surrounded by angels to help you through and to get Kaden the best care.

    ReplyDelete